Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2010, 17:08   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampro View Post
Saw this Lamb recently.
The owner was having a workshop those days and this lambretta remained with him.
Still used on his daily trip with a very 'sound' engine.
Did you believe his(their) words Stampro???
You have clicked this pics at Coimbatore ( to be precise @ Sulur just opposite to that RVS college)
This '67 model Li 150 was buggered up by these Guys ( both father & Son)
and more over this scoot belongs to a person ,who is no more!!( i doubt they have papers for it)
That scooter never starts & if at it happens, very noisy ( courtesy: Diesel & petrol mix )
He will refuse to sell & tells stories like ..." Somebody from Kerala ASKED FOR 50K"...( was that You buddy??)
Old 17th October 2010, 17:47   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambyMan View Post
Neither 1 nor 7, ideally it should be 5.2 hp. Should be an error by our Well Designated RTO personal.
"Well Designated RTO personal".....

Had to write this at this part of the thread about " Registration Certificates" & Regional transport authorities at our Country ( no State can be spared ...coz all Rt officers are Indian citizens!!)
Please take my words:
* Do not take the following terms seriously: like...1)Engine capacity, 2)Type of body, 3)type of fuel.4)Color and even name of the manufacturer (in case the vehicle is imported)
from your registration certificate.
would like to share few cases here:
1) My Kawasaki KH100 (1984) has the following details>>
>>> Type of body: SOLO / Manufacturer: YEZDI / capacity;98 Ninja.
2) My premier padmini S1 had...
type of body: Tourer.
3) My neighbor has a CEILO..
Manufacturer:Esteem Maruthi suzuki ( mods let me bang my head once more I understand 'am exceeding the limit)
4)Had a standard 10, while re-registering
They made it " STD 20 micro"
Like this plenty of incidents can be cited...Our officers are more concerned about Vitamin M rather then checking details other which will effect the public.
For example take case( 2)...if that car happens to under go a fitness certificate at same RT office after some time......that Same officer can charge the present owner for CONVERTING A TOURER car into a SEDAN.
So guys please do not rely on RTO papers for Technical details of a particular machine....coz it may be misleading at times ( mostly!!)
ps: sure will post my kawasaki KH 100 RC here..not to justify this post, but
all our folks can laugh at least !!!

Last edited by powertwin : 17th October 2010 at 17:50. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 17th October 2010, 17:48   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambyMan View Post
Neither 1 nor 7, ideally it should be 5.2 hp. Should be an error by our Well Designated RTO personal.
"Well Designated RTO personal".....

Had to write this at this part of the thread about " Registration Certificates" & Regional transport authorities at our Country ( no State can be spared ...coz all Rt officers are Indian citizens!!)
Please take my words:
* Do not take the following terms seriously: like...1)Engine capacity, 2)Type of body, 3)type of fuel.4)Color and even name of the manufacturer (in case the vehicle is imported)
would like to share few cases here:
3) My neighbor has a CEILO..
Manufacturer:Esteem Maruthi suzuki ( mods let me bang my head once more I understand 'am exceeding the limit)
Like this plenty of incidents can be cited...Our officers are more concerned about Vitamin M rather then checking details other which will effect the public.
For example take case( 2)...if that car happens to under go a fitness certificate at same RT office after some time......that Same officer can charge the present owner for CONVERTING A TOURER car into a SEDAN.
So guys please do not rely on RTO papers for Technical details of a particular machine....coz it may be misleading at times ( mostly!!)
ps: sure will post my kawasaki KH 100 RC here..not to justify this post, but
all our folks can laugh at least !!!
Old 17th October 2010, 18:00   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Friends, just few days before a Vijai super owner gifted a 90s model scoot to my friend Sundaraj ( Tinker Babu......He's famous for bike mods)
since he was the guy who made Expansion Chamber to that scooter!!
Though the scott has been modified on the body style, looks decent.
Note the front forks with company fitted dampers & look those fork ENDS,which I have never seen before.
This particular model came with Round slide Mikcarb Carbs as O.E. fitments
Any body with more info regarding this model of VS.
And finally that is " Lambretta Gp 200 Indian" year of manufacture 1997

That Lambretta GP 200 Indian ( Friends not to confuse with our Indian Export Wizards VIJAY SUPER 150 converted to LAMBRETTA 200)
and the present owner is ME (powertwin)
Old 17th October 2010, 20:43   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Please take my words:

Tell me about it! Come to the AP RTO website, do a vehicle search by regn. number and you'll find half the vehicles listed in their online records have all incorrect data- my '64 Herald is listed as a "goods carrier" and date of manuf. mentioned as 1990!!
Also our team bhpian wasif from hyd. had an '85 SS80 when he was here that is still listed in the RTO online records....as an "invalid carriage"!
Old 19th October 2010, 01:39   #606
BHPian

Blimey! A long time since I've been on here and a lot has happened.
Edsuede, love the 'Kelv'. You are luck to get one that is so complete. Hang on to it!
I've just had a Vijay ladies footrest modded to fit my Pushpak without having to cut away the runner strips, however I would really like to get hold of a genuine Allwyn one.
At the moment it is a fun bike, I go all over on it and it is ideal because any scratches, I just hand paint over. It has a Mugello top end and goes well. One day I may restore it to its original livery.

When I got it it had two sets of number plates on it so the original registration date may take some narrowing down

Best of luck with your projects, are you going to Brid?

Here's a pic you'll recognise.
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-p4120040.jpg  

Old 19th October 2010, 02:49   #607
BHPian

Hi Mitch - yes, recognise the harbour here in Scarborough

Will be going to Bridlington scooter rally so look out for me - I'll be on my Super S Type 250 (originally a 1979 Vijay) as pictured below on the right. The left hand one is my wife's Super S Type 225 (originally a 1985 Vijay).

If I see you on the Pushpak I'll come say hello - likewise, look out for me.

Regards
Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-022.jpg  

Old 19th October 2010, 22:53   #608
BHPian

Twins! Well, of a sort.

I'll be riding over on saturday and will stay for a couple of hours then back to Otley. Last year we parked just beyond the Spa. Will probably look for the same spot. Are you Castle Coasters?
Old 19th October 2010, 23:29   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Twins! Well, of a sort.

I'll be riding over on saturday and will stay for a couple of hours then back to Otley. Last year we parked just beyond the Spa. Will probably look for the same spot. Are you Castle Coasters?
Hi Mitch

No, nothing to do with Castle Coasters SC - we do our own thing

Regards
Ed
Old 22nd October 2010, 00:07   #610
BHPian

Some more pictures of a Kelvinator photographed in India sent to me by a friend
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-002.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-001.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-003.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2010, 10:46   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've just had a Vijay ladies footrest modded to fit my Pushpak without having to cut away the runner strips, however I would really like to get hold of a genuine Allwyn one.
Mitch, how, from your observation, does a genuine Allwyn footrest look like? AFAIK, all the Vijai-shaped scooters here had the same kind as the one fitted to the green Kelv in ed's above post. Does the Allwyn footrest look different to that?
Old 2nd November 2010, 23:26   #612
BHPian

Stanher, the Allwyn 'ladies footrest' was fitted to the carb side rear runner board only. The frame strut had an extra piece welded on it to provide support. The vijay type had a bar which ran around the rear of the scooter, fixed at the number plate and rear footboards. (like the one on the Kelv) Not as substantial as the Allwyn one.
Old 3rd November 2010, 14:03   #613
BHPian

Hi Mitch
Saw you on Friday riding into Brid on the Allwyn - you'd just passed Filey. Me and Viv (my better half) were coming towards you on a couple of Lambretta skellys, having been into the rally for the day. Came back Saturday and saw your scooter parked up but not you.

I've certainly learnt abit more about the footrest - like Stanher, I'd always assumed they were a universal item for all Vijay variants.

Regards
Ed
Old 11th November 2010, 21:05   #614
BHPian

Ed, sorry to miss you in Brid, I spent most of the time outside the Spa as I had a clutch cable stretch and had to adjust it. It finally snapped in York on the way home. I should have guessed it was gonna go!

We were staying in Filey the week prior and when riding over to Brid on Friday I did notice the skellys but if you remember it was terribly windy, so much that I couldn't get into 4th gear! and was concentrating in keeping straight!
I returned to Otley on Friday night and rode over with some friends again on Saturday morning. What a lovely day!

I fitted a Vijay ladies footrest after making alterations to the fixings so I wouldn't have to cut my running strips, and have just been offered an Allwyn footrest. They were originally fixed to the side panel. I find that a bit dodgy and besides defacing a panel, feel the weight of a person may knock the panel off.

From my earlier post, I think my frame strut had been a home-made alteration to suit a bespoke footrest.
Old 12th November 2010, 01:27   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Ed, sorry to miss you in Brid, I spent most of the time outside the Spa as I had a clutch cable stretch and had to adjust it. It finally snapped in York on the way home. I should have guessed it was gonna go!

We were staying in Filey the week prior and when riding over to Brid on Friday I did notice the skellys but if you remember it was terribly windy, so much that I couldn't get into 4th gear! and was concentrating in keeping straight!
I returned to Otley on Friday night and rode over with some friends again on Saturday morning. What a lovely day!

I fitted a Vijay ladies footrest after making alterations to the fixings so I wouldn't have to cut my running strips, and have just been offered an Allwyn footrest. They were originally fixed to the side panel. I find that a bit dodgy and besides defacing a panel, feel the weight of a person may knock the panel off.

From my earlier post, I think my frame strut had been a home-made alteration to suit a bespoke footrest.
Hi Mitch
Glad you had a good rally. Me and Viv really enjoyed it too - Scarborough is Easter Bank Holiday so will try to link up with you there - if all goes to plan, the Kelvinator will be ready for then. Have started to strip the scooter now but have had to call a halt due to the really bad storms at the moment!

PM me with your address - I have an Alwyn-related surprise to send you

Regards
Ed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks