Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2022, 17:18   #121

Re: Mahindra Bolero Neo Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikat Sengupta View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase.
Thank you!

I was worried if Mahindra has removed the OEM infotainment system. Not because I have any issue with Kenwood or after market system, but because I am paying a hefty premium for some unique interactive features. Therefore went to check the SUV along with family. It was reassuring to see the vehicle in all its glory! It indeed a handsome looking SUV!
I have owned a Swift VXi for last 14 years. I could have used her for another couple of years for sure, but then my children have grown up and started feeling little awkward travelling in the good old swift.
Being a person who believes in being frugal, needed a bang for buck vehicle. Something which will be tough enough to take the abuse at my farm on the outskirts of Pune and allow me to use it to the hilt while I develop my schools over next few years.
Eager to have by this month end as my son would be leaving for IIT Madras in first week of April. Having him around for the delivery would be awesome! Let's see....

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th May 2022 at 16:01. Reason: quote tags
ranjaneya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:02   #122

Hi, is it possible to add an aftermarket buzzer with company provided central lock in Bolero Neo?
Old 1st May 2022, 11:25   #123

My “Guardian” is coming home this Akshayy Tritiya.

Buying a new car after almost 15 years of owing a Maruti Swift VXI is indeed very exhilarating for me and my daughter. My wife too is very excited to welcome our Guardian.

Mahindra Bolero Neo Review-pdi_tbhp1.jpg

On 27 April, all three of us visited Silver Jubilee Motors, Camp, Pune for PDI. Armed with TBHP PDI checklist, I and my daughter went through the points one by one in the sweltering heat of Pune summer.

Mahindra Bolero Neo Review-pdi_tbhp4.jpg

If it was not for TBHP, who would have cared for a PDI? We did not find anything unusual of out the place during our inspection. Thanks either to good state in which the vehicle was or our ignorance. We came out happy! As if we did something really great. The joy and pride my daughter had in her eyes after we completed the PDI was something worth looking at!

Mahindra Bolero Neo Review-pdi_tbhp2.jpg

Mahindra Bolero Neo Review-pdi_tbhp3.jpg

Next two days – 28 and 29 April went into loan disbursal, RTO choice number and insurance. I shall update with the figures post taking delivery. Some of the dealer accessories I got fitted are – Reverse Camera, Rain Visors, Mud Flaps and Floor Mat. I was keen on the front bumper fitting as it enhances the look of a White Bolero Neo to the next level, however it being not available with the dealer, have to wait.

So far so much!
ranjaneya is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 17:28   #124

The “Guardian” came home on 03 May 2022.

Mahindra Bolero Neo Review-img_20220503_165740.jpg

Moving from first gen swift to a BOF vehicle is a big leap of faith for me! I have driven the SUV for my daily commute for last three days, I already feel like a King of the Road! Nothing can explain the feeling being at the top of everything else.

Buying and Delivery Experience:
I have been driving my good old swift for last 14 years. Was looking for a 4x4 vehicle and had test driven a Force Gurkha as well. Financial and utility aspects made me choose a RWD with MLD Bolero Neo over other expensive options.
I had driven a TUV 300 PLUS for a day before and few test drives on Bolero Neo. The SA has been very polite and helpful in all the matters related to the process. I would say the experience was satisfactory. I got to choose my insurance and the SA was very proactive in resolving and clarifying small little doubts I had.

Initial Impressions
Torque – This is the first thing anyone notices about the SUV. The beast has huge torque available even without pressing the accelerator. It just pulls and pulls. In fact you have to be extra cautious in controlling the acceleration.
NVH – I feel M&M has done a great job in this department. Except for a small grunt of the engine nothing – absolutely nothing is heard inside the cabin.

So far so good.
ranjaneya is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 00:59   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjaneya View Post
The “Guardian” came home
Congratulations
Happiness. Neo is the perfect choice for farm runs! Wish you many more happy miles! If possible please create ownership thread after year or so.
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 09:33   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Congratulations
If possible please create ownership thread after year or so.
Thank you!
I have been reading so many reviews, ownership threads on TBHP and always have felt an urge write something on my own. The thought process has already begun. I hope to come out with something that is relevant and with a perspective.
ranjaneya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 14:06   #127
BHPian

Congratulations on opting for a true blue SUV when it is much easier to switch to swankier options available in form of Compact SUVs which offer more features and glitz compared to Bolero NEO. I only wish Mahindra doesn't scrap TUV brand and build an even better version of Bolero NEO and present it in form on All New TUV 300. They seem to have lost the plot after initial success of XUV 300 when they started increasing prices and reducing features. I still find many initial owners very happy with their buying decision although the product was priced more than the competition.

As far as introducing Bolero NEO, I thought it was a good decision and whenever I saw a video or review, there was always a liking to the car and a wish somewhere crept in that it would be nice to have such a vehicle.

Once again, congratulations on your purchase and wishing you many miles and smiles.
samee_arian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 14:32   #128
BHPian

Ranjaneya, first of all, many many congratulations for the new Bolero Neo and wish you safe and enjoyable ownership experience for lakhs of km.

I am almost in similar situation like yours. Driving my 2016 swift for past 2 years. But in the process I have developed a passion for hill drives. And all places are very smooth and need a good ground clearance. Also, the long drives in relatively light and unsafe hatchback is really tiring and stressful. However I am now used to very good FE figures (petrol) of Swift even in Hills (thanks to the wonderful roads nowadays in the hills) and the absence of body roll in twisting roads.

This weekend my wife's cab (Ertiga) faced an accident and the front portion of the car was in very bad shape. This lack of safety or sturdy body structure design of Maruti Suzuki is a big concern and I am not really interested in Maruti Suzuki as my next buy.

However I need a compact foot print and very reliable car. I find Nissan Kicks is a good contender, however it has some technical problem. I am 6 feet tall and the windscreen is not good for tall drivers in Kicks. And I need a good navigation system. Also, we hardly see any Kicks on road. I don't need sunroof, 360 deg camera, air purifier etc. XUV300 is a good car, however that (Diesel) is beyond my budget. Bolero Neo seems to be a good car considering all (minus one of the biggest requirement- AT).

How do you find the ride and handling in sharp hairpin bends-both in inclines and downhill?
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 15:48   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
How do you find the ride and handling in sharp hairpin bends-both in inclines and downhill?
RijuC, thank you for your blessings.
My daily drives are in congested lanes as well as highways in equal proportion. Hills are not part of my route; however, I could say something about the bends and turns.
I have been driving the beast everyday and believe me it just pulls itself and needs reining in most of the times. Yesterday, I drove to a place called Theur on outskirts of Pune. It’s a Lord Ganesh place and one of the Astavinayakas.
The tar road was in a horrible state literally. We were 8 people onboard and the beast pulled us through effortless with no jerks or shocks being felt inside. I just needed to navigate and rein in the beast with breaking and clutch though.
I have driven my swift at 120 kmph as well on highways during her prime. I enjoyed taking turns at speeds (not at 120 kmph) and feeling the centrifugal force throwing my body to a side. Lower the car’s CG, higher the speed at which it can take turns.
I have a reason to believe that the roads you are talking about are hill roads needing slow driving speeds and constant torque to keep climbing. Body roll on bends is result of speed of the vehicle. Which I presume shall be between 30-40 kmph max. At this speed I think the body roll is going to be negligible.
As far as the safety is concerned, Bolero Neo is not tested and rated. Despite being a unrated car(?) it oozes a kind of strength and ruggedness. It looks like built to last. People who have used it vouch for its reliability.
Compact foot print – 100%
Reliability – if you mean go anywhere – 100%
For a 6 footer – best head room available. I am 5’ 10” and on the highest positing of my seat, there is a space of 6 inches above my head.
Bolero Neo doesn’t have a navigation system in its stock form.
To sum up-
Body roll may not be an issue for you unless you drive rash.
Gives best in class head room.
Go anywhere SUV.
Take a test drive on one of your hill roads and see what it feels like.
ranjaneya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 11:48   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I am 6 feet tall...Bolero Neo seems to be a good car considering all (minus one of the biggest requirement- AT).
For tall drivers, headroom is superb in the Bolero Neo. I own a 2018 TUV 300 and am 6'4" tall. The only other car that I can compare for headroom is the Vitara Brezza.

Stay away from the Nexon, Ecosport etc. I found headroom to be terrible in these.

Quote:
In May 2019 when we went to Ooty in our TUV, my then 3 year old daughter was fine. When we went to Kodaikanal last month, my now 6 year old was quite car-sick. All the frequent ups and downs in the hills made her car-sick.

I always drive in a sedate manner such that a glass of water on the dashboard wouldn't topple, so it couldn't have been the bodyroll as the root cause for her car-sickness. Besides, on the plains, she has never been car-sick in the TUV. No one has previously been car-sick in my vehicle, period.

There you have it - my take on how this car might fare for you, should you choose it. Of course, the TUV 300 does stand a bit taller than the Bolero Neo.
locusjag is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 14:06   #131
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Bolero Neo Plus 7 And 9 seater Homologated.

Mahindra Bolero Neo Review-smartselect_20220607140410_chrome.jpg

Mahindra Bolero Neo Plus will be based on the TUV300 Plus.

Will be powered by the same 2.2L turbo diesel.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th June 2022 at 14:08.
Venkatesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 11:24   #132

We were searching a vehicle for our office to serve the purpose of field visits (primarily rural areas). Bolero (and Bolero Neo) came first in our mind. Visited Mahindra showroom to have the feel of Bolero. We found Bolero Neo to be more attractive, more powerful, more value for money in comparison to Bolero.
We Booked the Base model of Bolero Neo for INR 1049000 On road (Ex Showroom INR 929000).
I could not think of any other vehicle of the same capabilities at this price.
amitkuch is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 14:46   #133

As per use manual ,The required tyre pressure for Mahindra TUV 300 2015-19 is 35 psi for front and rear tyre ,whereas for Bolero neo its 32 psi having same tyre specifications -215/75 R15. Can anyone confirm/discuss which one suits the best in your bolero neo?
I own bolero neo N10(optional) and keep tyre pressure at 32psi for optimal comfort and mileage.
Old 1st August 2022, 15:49   #134

Bolero neo its 32 psi having same tyre specifications -215/75 R15.

Mahindra Bolero Neo Review-tyre-pressure-specifications.jpg

Bolero Neo N10 (O) tyre pressure specified is 35 psi.
Don't know from where you read 32 psi.
Old 3rd August 2022, 11:54   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjaneya View Post
Bolero neo its 32 psi having same tyre specifications -215/75 R15.

Attachment 2340741

Bolero Neo N10 (O) tyre pressure specified is 35 psi.
Don't know from where you read 32 psi.
My mistake ,for bolero neo its 35 psi but for TUV 300 its 32 psi.

My question is, what tyre pressure is best suited for optimal mileage and comfort as 35 psi is way too much in my opinion.
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks