Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2021, 11:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Volvo Bus India launches B11R multiaxle Sleeper coach ( officially built by Volvo )

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydatla View Post
I am not sure about other states / travels. Most of the popular travel operators in AP and TS send their drivers for training to Volvo training center in KA. The drivers are well trained and rostered to work for 15 days in a month.
I'm sure they do because sometimes they drive very well and I am more often than not pleasantly surprised by the journey.
Old 10th December 2021, 17:05   #17
BHPian

Re: Volvo Bus India launches B11R multiaxle Sleeper coach ( officially built by Volvo )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen_pinaki27 View Post
Took a recent Volvo trip from Dharamshala to Delhi and came back impressed. It was the 9400 B8R. Though a little cramped, the suspension and handling were top-notch. Body roll was well-controlled and I had a nice sleep on the ~10 hour journey. Want to take the next ride with the 11R to get a feeling of luxury
Being from Himachal I know that most volvos owned by the govt. bus service haven't been changed in over a decade. They stink and have certainly lived past their age. Wonder how they get to enter Delhi with the 10 year rule in place.
siren373 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 20:53   #18
BHPian

What is a cost of each unit ?
Old 10th December 2021, 21:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siren373 View Post
Being from Himachal I know that most volvos owned by the govt. bus service haven't been changed in over a decade. They stink and have certainly lived past their age. Wonder how they get to enter Delhi with the 10 year rule in place.
This is true of Volvo buses of other states too. Andhra/Telangana buses stank of dust and fumes throughout the journey from Bangalore to Tirupati. I am guessing there is some sort of a cabin filter that is never replaced.

I wish Volvo would certify their buses every 3 months as meeting some reasonable standard of habitability. But in a country with so much corruption there's no way anything will work.
mvadg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 14:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
This is true of Volvo buses of other states too. Andhra/Telangana buses stank of dust and fumes throughout the journey from Bangalore to Tirupati. I am guessing there is some sort of a cabin filter that is never replaced.

I wish Volvo would certify their buses every 3 months as meeting some reasonable standard of habitability. But in a country with so much corruption there's no way anything will work.
Haven't travelled anytime with Andhra/Telangana state Volvos but I had been a regular with Karnataka and Maharashtra Govt. owned Volvo buses on Belgaum--Pune/Mumbai/Shirdi/Kolhapur/Bangalore/Mangalore/Mysore routes. KSRTC, Karnataka and MSRTC, Maharashtra Volvos are very well maintained inside out for years together. KSRTC, Karnataka for that matter is lightyears ahead of every other state transport.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 19:27   #21
BHPian

Glad to know that this has been made by Volvo and I hope it has good roof height in case a passenger wants to sit. I really don't like sleepers because you can't sit properly, you will have to hunch down or try some gymnasium technique to get into the right position still it won't be long till you start feeling pain in your neck.

I prefer seating Volvo buses but yes, as some pointed above, they are dirty now.
Sahil00090 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 21:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
What is a cost of each unit ?
Kerala RTC is getting these for about 1.34crore a piece
binaiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 02:32   #23
BHPian

Finally, Kerala RTC has inducted the all new Volvo B11R multitaxle Sleeper coach into its fleet. Here is the image obtained from internet. Hope Kerala bhpians who are busfans like @binaiks can share more pics.
Name:  138892aluvamanappuram30.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  35.2 KB

Volvo Bus India launches B11R multiaxle Sleeper coach ( officially built by Volvo )-screenshot_20220322021255.jpg

Read here
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.times...w/90022895.cms
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 12:05   #24
BHPian

KSRTC, Kerala launches all new Volvo B11R multitaxle Sleeper buses on Trivandrum--Bangalore route

Volvo Bus India launches B11R multiaxle Sleeper coach ( officially built by Volvo )-screenshot_20220418114245__01.jpg

Volvo Bus India launches B11R multiaxle Sleeper coach ( officially built by Volvo )-screenshot_20220418114106.jpg

vivek95 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 10:34   #25
BHPian

Is there any post on Team-bhp on how Volvo has made these buses so comfortable and the auto transmission is so smooth?

I saw a recent post by a team-bhpian who explained why there was body roll on certain SUV. He went on to point out that this was mainly because of the high seating vs the ground clearance of the frame. However, there is almost no body roll on the Volvo buses despite the seating being so high and the bus looking so tall, slim and rectangular in shape (as if it could topple easily due to low centre of gravity). However this seems highly deceptive and the vehicle is extremely stable and smooth. In fact, I think the bus suspension and transmission is more smooth than even a German luxury car / SUV.

Would be great if someone can review and help us understand how these beauties work.
contentedbloke is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks