MEMtest overnight results

So first of all I am using the G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz (2x8gb) running them at 2933 Mhz with 1.35V on the ASRock B450 Pro4.

I am using my overclocked Ryzen 5 2600 at 3.9ghz.

I do know one mistake already, I installed the RAM in the wrong slots and because my CPU Cooler is over one of them I have to first uninstall that one to move them.

So my RAMs are running as a single channel instead of a dual channel because they are in A1 + A2, could this have cause these few errors?

Does it even make sense to run memtest with this type of RAM-installation?

All the Errors were of the same Nature:

"Memory error detected! Copying between X and Y did not result in an accurate copy.
MemTest has detected that your computer cannot accurately store data in RAM.
You need to fix this."

Greetings

mem test.jpg

Well, every motherboard has a diagram that shows how RAM should be installed given any possible combination up to the number of slots you have. You should respect that diagram. This has nothing to do with single or dual channel. Of course, dual channel will give better performance results regarding bandwidth, and minimal latency drawbacks. That's true by design, but under normal circumstances it will never cause consistency errors.

Your plan of action should be:

1) Follow motherboard diagram.

2) Test at stock values (no overclock on CPU nor RAM).

3) Test at OC values.

You should pass all them with flying colors. Not even one error should be detected.

As a side note i'd recommend memtest86 since it's a standarized test and not a windows app. It's old AF, but also trust worthy AF.

Cheers!

Definitely use the slots the manual instructs to use.  

If you're running DOCP/XMP or one step lower then I usually wouldn't recommend testing.  It should be fine, however, a CPU overclock can introduce instability so I can understand why you tested.  

I recommend setting a static SOC voltage.  1.1V is usually more than you'll need, but it's almost always gonna run stable if the settings you set can be made stable.  From 1.1V you can then lower it to fine tune.  I can run 1.0V SOC at 3600MHz if I don't push the timings and need up to 1.075V with tighter timings.  

Below is tool to aid you in setting up the memory test you're using.  It spawns windows for you.

https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper

Ryzen Timing Checker will allow you to see your timings you leave set to Auto in BIOS while in Windows.  tRFC is notorious for being set higher than needed for stability by the motherboard.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-timing-checker/

This is a helpful tool for overclocking your RAM:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-dram-calculator-ryzena-1-4-0-1-overclocking-dram-am4-307.html

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

40 minutes ago, nick name said:

Definitely use the slots the manual instructs to use.  

If you're running DOCP/XMP or one step lower then I usually wouldn't recommend testing.  It should be fine, however, a CPU overclock can introduce instability so I can understand why you tested.  

I recommend setting a static SOC voltage.  1.1V is usually more than you'll need, but it's almost always gonna run stable if the settings you set can be made stable.  From 1.1V you can then lower it to fine tune.  I can run 1.0V SOC at 3600MHz if I don't push the timings and need up to 1.075V with tighter timings.  

Below is tool to aid you in setting up the memory test you're using.  It spawns windows for you.

https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper

Ryzen Timing Checker will allow you to see your timings you leave set to Auto in BIOS while in Windows.  tRFC is notorious for being set higher than needed for stability by the motherboard.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-timing-checker/

This is a helpful tool for overclocking your RAM:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-dram-calculator-ryzena-1-4-0-1-overclocking-dram-am4-307.html

https://gyazo.com/0a12c00635e84a3d46b9f4a729890278

I have to add that I just now resetted my RAM settings to the standard (2133Mhz and 1.2V) because I just had another bluescreen and I am almost sure it has something to do with my RAM at this point - I obviously have no clue wether setting it back to the standard settings will do it any good (I think the RAM is just broken to a degree - like not fully broken because I can start my PC and do most of my stuff without problems, but even having 1 error message in memtest is generally enough to know that something is wrong with one of my DIMMs).

But maybe you can read anyhting out of the Ryzen Timings

Did you put the RAM into the slots the motherboard instructs to use?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

50 minutes ago, nick name said:

Did you put the RAM into the slots the motherboard instructs to use?

"So my RAMs are running as a single channel instead of a dual channel because they are in A1 + A2, could this have cause these few errors?"

It should be in A2+B2, I don't really get my RAMs out of the slot though lol it seems to be cemented into that shit and I don't want to use 2 much force, else I obviously would have fixed this already.

3 hours ago, Scrubx said:

"So my RAMs are running as a single channel instead of a dual channel because they are in A1 + A2, could this have cause these few errors?"

It should be in A2+B2, I don't really get my RAMs out of the slot though lol it seems to be cemented into that shit and I don't want to use 2 much force, else I obviously would have fixed this already.

You can't ask for help until you remedy that.  Push the tabs and pull those sticks out and install them correctly.  Until then we can't help you.