Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Windows Memory Diagnostic
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Forum, I changed RAM memory today, and decided to run Windows Memory Diagnostic to check the new memory.

However, after clicking on the "Restart now and check for problems" option, Windows Boot Manager informed me that the Windows Memory Diagnostic failed to start due to "a recent hardware or software change" and/or "The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because the required file is missing or contains errors." -See screen shot below.

Tried the time-honored System File Checker " SFC/ scannow " to scan and repair any corrupted Windows system files, but the scan did not find any integrity violations.

Also, " chkdsk /f " detected no file problems.

Likewise, the following commands each did not detect any issues either:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Upon researching this issue, I found this solution after some digging:

In the Command Prompt window ("Run as administrator"), type/copy these commands (emphasized in bold) one by one and press the Enter key after each:

1.) diskpart (this will load the DiskPart utility)
2.) list volume (lists all the volumes available on your system)
3.) select volume [number] (you need to select the System volume number here (for me it was number 2) which is labeled as "ESP" OR is unlabeled, but is identifiable as a small FAT32 System file)
4.) assign letter=Z (will assign Z; a temporary letter to the System volume selected previously)
5.) exit (will take you back to normal Command Prompt mode)
6.) bcdboot C:\windows /s Z: /f UEFI (this will generate boot files for UEFI environment)
7.) exit (Command Prompt will close)

Now restart your computer. After rebooting, the 0xc0000225 error won’t appear when you start Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Hope this helps someone!

Legit Web Link Reference: [FIX] Your PC Needs To Be Repaired. Error Code: 0xc0000225 (kapilarya.com)

Windows Memory Diagnostic.jpgWindows Memory Diagnostic Failed to Run.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, I concur: Memtest86+ is my preferred non-Windows/HP memory test software program too.

The only purpose of my previous posting was to show how make the WMD utility work -again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777 -- rather than "fight" with HP, see: www.memtest.org

You can create a bootable CD/DVD/USB, and it runs an extensive RAM-checker.

Try it first, with only ONE stick of RAM installed. Repeat with the next stick of RAM.

HP Recommended

Yes, I concur: Memtest86+ is my preferred non-Windows/HP memory test software program too.

The only purpose of my previous posting was to show how make the WMD utility work -again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.