Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

air particle disappears + can't see the wing tip vortex

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
543 Views, 4 Replies

air particle disappears + can't see the wing tip vortex

Hi, I'm working on a high school project, and I came up with an idea to reduce wingtip vortex.

I made a .step file for my own designed wingtip and ran it on Autodesk CFD, but things doesn't seem to be right.

First of all, I can't see any wingtip vortex forming behind the wing, which is supposed to be happening in all wings. like the picture above.

f18-lex-cfd1

But air flow around my wing just goes over the wing and goes straight after passing the wing.

Second, I have something like a pipe on my wing, and I wanted the air coming from the front of the wing to pass through that pipe and be emitted on the end of the wing.

But it looks like this.

66065190_339089993679298_3678287533633961984_n.png67127268_318675579037368_3878397640571879424_n.png

As you see in the picture the air particle sort of like gets stuck in the pipe and can't come out.

Why is this happening? And how can I solve it?

Please keep in mind that I'm completely new on Autodesk CFD. Might have missed some easy simple stuffs.

Thanks, and I'll be waiting for y'all help

Oh, btw I uploaded my .step file's dropbox link in reply. Plzzz somebody help. My deadline is close 😞

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

- CAD file contains very tiny edge length (below 0.5mm) is it normal? 

- Within the hollow region, sharp angle will be difficult to mesh

Wall layers, turbulence model, y+ value, and mesh refinement regions are critical parameters to be finely tuned. This is not a single shot analysis. 

I realize it's been a month now, I hope you have succeeded 

image.png

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

3.png4.png2.png

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi there!

Thanks for your help 🙂

Well, my project ended a few months ago. Just improvised in front of my teachers - they don't seem to be understanding these aerodynamics as well.

Anyway, it's surprising that you've actually made it work! I wonder how you managed to do that.. What was my problem?

Oh, and one more thing. Was the air particle able to enter the passage I made in the wing? Can't see clearly on your picture.

Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report